28419RE : [bolger] Re: Bolger's Sneakeasy
- Jun 1, 20033 to 5 feet is perhaps huge for pond boats captains, but it's very very
common on large lakes and at sea.. ;-)
I remember tempests on the Leman lake near Geneva which were worth those
you meet at open sea...
Anyway sneakeasy is all but what you need to navigate in conditions such
as these.. unless you like to get wet to the bones or intend to use her
as a wave piercer ;-)
I remember Steve Bosquette gave his one up mainly because of this, after
brainstorming for months on a way to build a deck that would allow him
to stay dry.
De : David Ryan [mailto:david@...]
Envoyé : Sunday, June 01, 2003 5:40 PM
À : email@example.com
Objet : [bolger] Re: Bolger's Sneakeasy
>3 to 5 feet is a BIG chop.3 to 5 foot chop isn't just big, it's huge. Any boat, regardless of
haul style, would have to be ENORMOUS to move at planing speeds
through seas that short and big with any degree of comfort.
Could you sneak a Sneakeasy through seas like that at low speed?
Perhaps. But it's not going to be dry, easy or fun (well maybe that
depends on your definition of fun); and the consequences of a mistake
are not trivial.
The easiest solution is build the Sneakeasy, either the flat or
step-hulled version. Then you can enjoy her good looks and grace
under pleasant conditions, and use it's high speed capacity to run
for home at the first sign of weather closing in.
415 W.46th Street
New York, New York 10036
Mobile (646) 325-8325
Office (212) 247-0296
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
enattogyo?YH=3313099&yhad=1595054> Click Here!
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and <snip> away
- To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA,
01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Open discussion: email@example.com
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>