27525Re: [bolger] Re: Superbrick Challenge staus?

  • andy wilson
    May 4, 2003
      I love this idea and confess to having resorted to such a ruse in a power cruiser. Everybody loved the result but knew that a sloppy carpenter such as me just HAD to have cheated and I had to 'fess up.Seriously,the interior furniture braces the hull and contributes lots of strength to wobbly ply panels. Pity Ikea isnt selling kit boats. Andy

      pvanderwaart <pvanderw@...> wrote:> My AS 29 looks like a heap more work than a Super Brick to build.
      > Why not stretch the SB concept to fit a 20ft shipping container and
      > end up with just under 20 x 8ft of sailing houseboat?

      What if you build the SuperBrick without the interior structure, and
      buy the interior from Ikea and Home Depot?

      Peter

      Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      Bolger rules!!!