27520Re: Superbrick Challenge staus?

  • Peter Lenihan
    May 4, 2003
      Hi Peter,
      Nifty idea but I suspect that the whole Super Brick concept
      works as it does because it uses the built in interior furniture to
      render the hull structurally sound.In effect,the furniture is nothing
      more then oddly(but useful) shaped ribs,frames and bulkheads typical
      to most boats but very much needed in a box just to keep the flat
      straight panels,well...flat and straight:-)
      I wouldn't want to depend on fastenings put into the particle
      board melamine junk that passes as furniture from either Ikea or Home
      Depot unless it is to be used as non-structural fit-in units....

      Sincerely,
      Peter L.

      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "pvanderwaart" <pvanderw@o...> wrote:

      > What if you build the SuperBrick without the interior structure,
      and
      > buy the interior from Ikea and Home Depot?
      >
      > Peter
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic