27137Re: [bolger] Duckworks Charging for Subscriptions

  • jhkohnen@boat-links.com
    Apr 1, 2003
      MAIB doesn't pay anything to its contributors either, and I'm sure they
      don't mind (I don't) that Bob Hicks makes a living off the magazine. But $25
      a year for a Web based magazine seems a bit much to me for the market to
      bear. If Chuck was asking for $10, or even $15 a year I don't think we'd be
      hearing so many complaints, and he would probably end up doing better.

      As someone who spends a lot of time publishing something on the Web for
      little in return (it started out "for fun" but turned into a monster...) I
      wish Chuck well in his attempt to get a little something back for his
      efforts.

      On Sun, 30 Mar 2003 18:22:37 +0100, you wrote:
      > As a journalist myself and a good journalist's union member, I'm
      > nevertheless happy to write for free to support something I enjoy and which
      > is used by a limited market, so long as I have no reason to believe the
      > proprieter is making a fortune while ripping off the contributors.

      John <jkohnen@...>
      http://www.boat-links.com/
      In this world of sin and sorrow there is always something to be thankful
      for; as for me, I rejoice that I am not a Republican. <H. L. Mencken>
    • Show all 37 messages in this topic