26827RE: [bolger] Re: motorsailer under 20'
- Mar 4, 2003Hal, I'm sure you're right. I've see plywood boats that turn out to be
head-turners, and carvel-planked designs that said 'why bother'. It's the
concept and the hand of the designer that make the difference. Considering
PCB has been at it for, oh, about a half century or so, I guess he's got it
right most of the time.... <G>
From: Hal Lynch [mailto:hal@...]
Sent: Tuesday, March 04, 2003 12:59 PM
Subject: Re: [bolger] Re: motorsailer under 20'
On Tuesday, March 4, 2003, at 09:50 AM, David Romasco wrote:
> Bruce, the scary thing about that article is just how seductive and
> curvaceous the finished article looks, compared to the Bolger drawing;
> knock on PCB, but my, how three dimensions makes a difference!
My guess is that Bolger knew exactly how it would look in 3D.
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
- stay on topic, stay on thread, punctuate, no 'Ed, thanks, Fred' posts
- add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts and <snip> away
- To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA,
01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
- Open discussion: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>