26795Re: Camper - was Junk Rigged Birdwatcher

  • joe_bftzplk <stewtone@msn.com>
    Feb 28, 2003
      --- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "s_paskey <s_paskey@y...>"
      <s_paskey@y...> wrote:
      > I thought the junk was offered as being handy under sail. But
      > right, I haven't sailed with one myself. In any event, it occurs
      > me that one might be able to borrow the solution PCB used
      on "Camper"
      > (the 18-foot Birdwatcher-style skiff). Camper has a gaff rig with
      > tabernacle, and it's designed so that one can fold the whole thing
      > very quickly. Perhaps a "chinese gaff" (as opposed to a more
      > conventional chinese lug) could be similarly arranged?

      The boat in the "Birdwatcher" folder in the files is actually Camper
      rather than Birdwatcher, isn't it?

      Sorry for the double post.

      Chris Stewart
      on the banks of the Hudson, daydreaming