26786[bolger] Re: Junk Rigged Birdwatcher

  • David Ryan
    Feb 28, 2003
      >An interesting idea, and it looks great. But it's contrary to the
      >overriding theme of Birdwatcher -- in a word, "simplicity." As PCB
      >explained, the original rig was intended to be "so quick to strike
      >down that there would be no temptation to try to row her with the rig
      >standing . . ."

      Certainly the junk rig wouldn't be a quick/simple to build as the
      sprit, but I'd reserve judgement on how easily it's reefed/struck
      until I was the one doing it. Hasn't PCB been offering junk-rig
      variants for their handiness?

      -D
      --

      C.E.P.