26326Re: teal

  • rdchamberland <cha62759@traverse.com>
    Feb 2, 2003
      Hi Ken, saw out your panels without the bevel. There is no bevel on
      the sheer. Plane lightly on the chine edge to get the correct bevel.
      The chine logs are cut with the bevel. Assemble the sides to the
      frames. After the chine logs are attached touch up the bevel with a
      sanding board. This is a 2x4 longer than the width of the boat.
      Sandpaper is attached on one end. Lay the board across the beam and sand.
      Bob Chamberland

      -- In bolger@yahoogroups.com, "Ken Kongslie" <ken@k...> wrote:
      > Question:
      > do I cut the side panels at a bevel?
      > Payson book doesnt mention it, however, the section drawing on bolger's
      > plans indicates a bevel. maybe unintended drafting?
      > thanks
      > ken
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic