25391Re: mystery boat

  • gbb132000
    Dec 1, 2002
      I've seen boats like that in Florida. I think they are used for some
      sort of commercial fishing. Keeps the rear deck clear for work.

      It may have been what's called a "tunnel hull". Almost a catamaran
      type of thing. Good for shallow water and stability, but you would
      think the boat would handle funny with the moter up forward like that.

      gbb
      North GA/USA

      --- In bolger@y..., "wturn" <wturn@y...> wrote:
      > I saw two boats with outboards mounted near the front of the boat in
      > the center of the boat. Would imagine they were in a motor well of
      > some sort. They were built of plywood and appeared to have a large
      > live well in the rear of the boat. The bottom was completely flat
      and
      > the bow rose up sharply also with a flat bottom.
      >
      > Anyway, posting here to see if anybody knows of a similar design and
      > why the outboards were mounted in front.
      >
      > Unfortunately it was nighttime and it was on the highway so did not
      > get a realy good look. The location was Clearwater, FL.
      >
      > Following is a (very) rough sketch:

      http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/wturn/vwp?.dir=/mystery+boat&.src=ph&.dnm=f
      ront+outboard+boat.jpg&.view=t&.done=http%
      3a//photos.yahoo.com/bc/wturn/lst%3f%26.dir=/mystery%2bboat%26.src=ph%
      26.view=t

      > If the link doesnn't work, this would should:
      > http://photos.yahoo.com/wturn Navigate to the Mystery boat folder.
      >
      > Bill
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic