24984Re: Fishcat

  • Nels
    Nov 14, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "Marvin Wyckoff" <marvin.wyckoff@g...> wrote:
      > Has anyone built the fishcat? If so, how do you like it? Does it
      > plane easily? How is it in a short chop?

      Bernie Wolfard built the prototype I believe and he was a
      parapeligic. He used it out in the Columbia River Delta in Oregon and
      claimed it was very seaworthy in up to four foot waves, if memory
      serves. (Which it doesn't actually:-)

      The write up he did may be in the files under "CSD Newsletters". What
      were you wondering about a short chop? That is pounded? Or created a
      lot of spray? I believe it would pound at low speeds but that it
      planes very easily.

      It would seem to a really nice fishing boat in sheltered waters. I
      know others have been built. Maybe a builder will show up. Otherwise
      send a query to PCB&F. Was the orignal concept in SBJ or MAIB? Where
      di you hear about it Marvin?

    • Show all 27 messages in this topic