23980Re: Aerated Power Boat Bottoms /Sneakeasy

  • tom28571
    Sep 30, 2002
      --- In bolger@y..., "dbaldnz" <oink@p...> wrote:
      > Hi Tom, have you ever heard whether whether there is a speed
      > improvement?
      > DonB

      Don, I have not heard or don't remember any specific data on speed
      improvement from introducing air under a boat without steps. Of
      course, if sufficient air is not let in behind a step, there will be
      a lot of added drag. I will check to see if Marchaj has anything to
      say about that.

      John, I did not know about the keel thing on Thursday's Child and
      would be skeptical that any naturally aspirated system could work on
      a keel since it is so far below the water. Also, because of
      increasing pressure, probably none of the air could get past the
      highest openings in the keel if it did work at all.
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic