22224Re: Vacation at PB&F? Sitka Explorer *++++++++

  • announcer97624
    Aug 2, 2002
      Bruce, The Sitka Explorer I saw in my first copy of my subscription
      to MAIB looks wonderful. Now I know why everyone who reads MAIB is so
      informed on Bolger designs. I was impressed with everything in the
      magazine. No flash, just facts. Through this forum I was able to
      stumble upon the gold mine of information in that wonderful magazine.

      What good fortune to have a forum plus a magazine that delve into a
      favorite and exciting subject(for me at least).

      John

      --- In bolger@y..., "Bruce Hallman" <bruceh@t...> wrote:
      > > Anyone been in touch with the firm lately (the last week)?
      >
      > Phil Bolger responded to a message I faxed to him on Saturday,
      with a
      > handwritten note dated Monday, but faxed to me on Wednesday 8/31.
      >
      > He answered several questions about Micro Navigator:
      >
      > 1) The mainsheet is run from one sternpost to a pulley on the end
      of the
      > boom to another pulley on the other sternpost, and from there into
      the
      > cabin.
      >
      > 2) The diameter of the mainmast is measured 4" OUTSIDE diameter,
      not inside
      > diameter. [A wood stave mast would be OK too, untapered]
      >
      > 3) The reason for holding the berths away from the sides of the
      boat is to
      > avoid condensation coming into contact with the bedding.
      >
      > 4) A 4 h.p. - 4 Stroke outboard would be good.
      >
      > 5) They sell copies of Schorpeion for $15 ppd, but only if I will
      promise
      > not to take it seriously.
      >
      > ===
      > BTW: Is anybody else around here excited by the Sitka Explorer in
      the latest
      > issue of MAIB, a blend of Tahiti and Topaz? I think it is really
      excellent.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic