2217[bolger] Re: glass boards in wooden boats

  • Fries, John
    Feb 2, 2000
      Very interresting. A discussion a few days back about the relative ease of
      building the Single Handed Schooner vs. Light Schooner focused on the lead
      in the centerboard. How about using concrete? I know it wouldn't be as
      heavy as the lead, but, if you coated the interior of the void to be filled
      with epoxy first, that could address concerns about rot at the wood/concrete
      interface. Probably would coat the outside of the concrete with epoxy for
      further waterproofing. Is this crazy?