2216[bolger] Re: glass boards in wooden boats

  • Bill Samson
    Feb 2 1:51 AM
      >get the **$�$! board out,
      >plane it
      > > down a bit, re-glass and epoxy it.
      >

      >Bill, that was my fix the last time around. Lasted two seasons. And
      >the work was done by a reputable yard, not disreputable me.

      A wee bit of lateral thinking here - but have you checked the slot and made
      sure that it's not getting narrower (i.e. sides swelling)? That'd have the
      same effect as a swelling board (though harder to fix). The slot should be
      1.5" wide all over. The board should be 1.25" thick in the middle.

      Have PCB&F got any views on the suitability of a steel centreplate for a
      Chebacco?

      Bill

      Bill

      Bill