2211[bolger] Re: Looking for Micro

  • Giuseppe 'Pippo' Bianco
    Feb 2, 2000
      Hi Paul, and thanks for your kind words.
      As I note on the design analysis page update in my site, I've been
      toying with a more sophisticated model for the Micro. Yesterday I've
      completed the analysis. As anticipated, since the new model allows for
      free flooding forward and aft wells, the range of stability reduces to
      120 degrees, and the new DSF is 26 instead of 30 (still "offshore"
      though!). A more conservative statement would be that Micro is probably
      the only fully qualified coastal cruiser in his lenght class. I'll post
      the new results soon.
      As a general statement, if any similar design exists, I'm not aware of
      it. Micro is really a stroke of genius. It combines different factors
      in an incredibly balanced way...
      Best

      Pippo

      "paul telfer" <telfe-@...> wrote:
      original article:http://www.egroups.com/group/bolger/?start=2169
      > Hello Pippo: I have been to your site. It is a great one. It was
      > your technical calculations on the seaworthyness of Micro that finally
      > won me over.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic