16545Re: [bolger] Illinois!!!

  • David Ryan
    Jan 2, 2002
      My wife and I have been studying the plans for this great beast and I
      can figure out a couple of things.

      1) Is the area under the after deck reserved for anything in particular?

      2) Is there any privacy for the master bed when someone passes from
      the kitchen to the forecastle?

      If you can read these drawing any better than I, let me know what you see.

      YIBB,

      David

      >I have commented on this before. We get a lot of transient cruisers (SE
      >AK), many of them large (35'-55') auxiliary cruisers. I fly for a living
      >and I bet I see less than 5% with any sail up. It is subject for amazed
      >comment in the cockpit as in "look at that one, they have the sails up!"
      >In a normal summer I will only see 2-3 sailboats actually sailing.
      >
      >HJ
      >
      >Hal Lynch wrote:
      >>

      >> For some time now I have noticed in publications such as MAIB that in
      >> most of the articles involving sail boats with auxiliaries the auxiliary
      >> seems to be used as much or more the sails. It seems to me that a
      >> boat optimized for power would be more useful most of the time.
      >>
      >> hal
      >>
      >> --
      >

      >Bolger rules!!!
      >- pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
      >- add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you like
      >- To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester,
      >MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349

      C.E.P.
      134 West 26th St. 12th Floor
      New York, New York 10001