16538Re: [bolger] Illinois!!!

  • Harry W. James
    Jan 2, 2002
      I have commented on this before. We get a lot of transient cruisers (SE
      AK), many of them large (35'-55') auxiliary cruisers. I fly for a living
      and I bet I see less than 5% with any sail up. It is subject for amazed
      comment in the cockpit as in "look at that one, they have the sails up!"
      In a normal summer I will only see 2-3 sailboats actually sailing.

      HJ

      Hal Lynch wrote:

      > For some time now I have noticed in publications such as MAIB that in
      > most of the articles involving sail boats with auxiliaries the auxiliary
      > seems to be used as much or more the sails. It seems to me that a
      > boat optimized for power would be more useful most of the time.
      >
      > hal
      >
      > --
    • Show all 16 messages in this topic