16506Re: [bolger] Illinois!!!

  • Hal Lynch
    Jan 2, 2002
      On Tuesday, January 1, 2002, at 03:54 PM, David Ryan wrote:

      Stuff deleted

      > Any boat of her size, sail or power, would need a similar power
      > plant. But any sail boat build to similar requirements would likely
      > spend much of her time under power. Why spend all that money on spars
      > and canvas and line when for her purpose they are nearly an
      > affectation? Why accommodate the ability to sail at the expense of
      > roominess or performance under power?

      For some time now I have noticed in publications such as MAIB that in
      most of the articles involving sail boats with auxiliaries the auxiliary
      seems to be used as much or more the sails. It seems to me that a
      boat optimized for power would be more useful most of the time.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic