16140RE: [bolger] Fishcat
- Dec 11, 2001Hi Terry
I had a friend in Portland Oregon Bruce Flenner who built a 23 open boat
for salt water with shop grade and glass it lasted 2 years he is still
very angry about the whole thing.
From: taz97355 [mailto:taz97355@...]
Sent: Monday, December 10, 2001 10:05 PM
Subject: [bolger] Fishcat
Still looking over the plans and building a scale model and coming up
with more and more questions. Has anyone had experience using plain
old shop grade 1/4 inch plywood in building a Bolger boat? I keep
reading conflicting stories about checking, voids, marine grade and
on and on. Any idea on how long a boat out of 1/4 fir would last with
just paint on it? Marine plywood with epoxy and glass adds up to a
chunk of money for a design that I cannot verify as to being a good
runner.(no one will fess up to having one ) I am thinking that if fir
is ok then I could build a nice marine plywood and glass madel later.
Back to the original question, any experienced builders that have
used fir,how about a little experience sharing with this neophyte
builder, (I'll upgrade myself to novice if I build one that floats).
Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
- no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging dead horses
- pls take "personals" off-list, stay on topic, and punctuate
- add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts, snip all you like
- To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209, Gloucester, MA,
01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349
- Unsubscribe: email@example.com
Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo!
<http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> Terms of Service.
[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>