15197Re: info on "missing" Bolger designs

  • Gerry
    Nov 1, 2001
      David,
      You knocked this pitch out of the park! Thanks to you (and the
      others) for the info. Should this be posted (with full credits to
      posters) in the "Files" section, at least until an all-in-one list
      gets made?

      By the way, where did you find these? I have no local access to Small
      Boat Journal or Wooden Boat. I admit Samuel Clyde was an oversight,
      should have found that one in BWAOM. I had suspected some of these
      were known under other names. In light of "Clyde" being directly in
      BWAOM, I'd remove it from this list (certainly not missing...)

      - Gerry

      PS - I would add Bob Chamberland's "refined by" reference (Thanks!)
      along with the other tidbits...

      --- In bolger@y..., "david galvin" <porcupine@d...> wrote:
      > Gerry,
      >
      > Bateau #517 is a 25'6"x4'10" flat bottomed plywood rowboat. It is
      > designed for three oarsman and a cockswain, and requires seven
      sheets
      > of 1/2" plywood to build. I don't know if it's the "Budjet Bateau"
      > which you refer.
      >
      > Houseboat has been commented on by others. Bolger definitely no
      > longer offers plans for this one.
      >
      > Blackbird #443 is a 23'4"x7'8" cabin cruiser designed for a fifteen
      > to ninety horsepower outboard. It is a round bottomed boat with vee
      > berths and a minimal head and galley. Intended for cold-molded wood
      > construction, it would be a long time building, but it is a lovely
      > boat of the type.
      >
      > Dugong #365 is a 26'x5'4" cold-molded cruising canoe. It displaces

      { ... cut for brevity ... }
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic