15103Re: [bolger] info on "missing" Bolger designs

  • thomas dalzell
    Oct 29, 2001
      My price list indicates that they were carrying 29
      boxes, and 24 "complex plans" during that period.

      I have the HouseBoat plans. They were prepared for
      Elrow LaRowe, as design 481. She is 19'9"x7'10". She
      is flat in crossection, and curved fore and aft.

      --- Gerry <ghinkle@...> wrote:

      <HR>
      <tt>
      While doing a random search on Bolger in Google, I
      came across an<BR>
      archived sale notice from Common Sense Designs back in
      1996. <BR>
      Apparently they used to carry many more (approx 50)
      Bolger plans than<BR>
      they do now.<BR>
      <BR>
      It took some digging, but I managed to cross-reference
      most of them to<BR>
      the various books and MAIB index (thru Dec
      2000).  I<BR>
      haven't found a Small Boat Journal (SBJ) index yet
      (pointers,<BR>
      anyone?).  There are a few left that I couldn't
      find, or were not<BR>
      definatively matched up in MAIB.<BR>
      <BR>
      I'd like to get at least a length and
      hull/class/family description on<BR>
      these.  Hopefully they'll get added into the
      indexes here and<BR>
      elsewhere as a result.  I suppose I may have just
      volunteered to<BR>
      create the "not found in print" list for
      Bolger designs...<BR>
      <BR>
      Bateau  #517 -> is this the "Budget
      Bateau" in the MAIB index ?<BR>
      Houseboat  #481 -> several hits in MAIB, dunno
      which one?<BR>
      Blackbird  #443<BR>
      Dugong  #365<BR>
      Gale  #492<BR>
      Samuel Clyde #544 -> maybe? 32' Plywood Motorboat,
      MAIB v13 i-4  p10<BR>
      Steel Trawler  #409<BR>
      Sybil's Yawl  #507<BR>
      Tartar  #424<BR>
      <BR>
      I suppose I could write to Mr. Bolger, but I figured
      the group might<BR>
      have fun with this in light of the discussion about
      indexing the<BR>
      designs.<BR>
      <BR>
      </tt>

      <tt>
      Bolger rules!!!<BR>
      - no cursing, flaming, trolling, spamming, or flogging
      dead horses<BR>
      - pls take "personals" off-list, stay on
      topic, and punctuate<BR>
      - add your comments at the TOP and SIGN your posts,
      snip all you like<BR>
      - To order plans: Mr. Philip C. Bolger, P.O. Box 1209,
      Gloucester, MA, 01930, Fax: (978) 282-1349<BR>
      - Unsubscribe:

      <tt>Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the <a
      href="http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/">Yahoo! Terms
      of Service</a>.</tt>