12220Don't tolerate spam in the Bolger group

  • tom
    Jun 3, 2001
      There are two things all of you can do about the thinly veiled
      advertising spam recently sent to this group...

      First of all forward a copy of the spam with your complaint to
      <abuse@...>, it is a violation of acceptable use policy for these
      guys to be spamming us about their yahoo group or anything else.

      Also forward a complaint to <abuse@...> ... a simple DNS check
      shows that BitMap is the ISP for the "Church of the Creator" websites
      and once again spamvertising of the web site is a violation of
      acceptable use policy. Tell BitMap to give their customer the boot if
      they don't stop spamming.

      Just so people don't get the wrong idea, I am not singling these guys
      out because of their politics... I hate all spam and I treat 'em all the
      same, whether they are selling Tupperware or racism. Does anybody
      remember why proprietary services like yahoo groups came into existance?
      It is because the Usenet newsgroups have been totally ruined by the
      huge volume of spam.

      Tom K

      > Message: 7
      > Date: Sat, 02 Jun 2001 20:09:30 -0000