12194Re: Where's the beef?

  • ellengaest@boatbuilding.com
    Jun 1, 2001
      Thanks for the link kayaker37..........I suppose that for those who
      have read through the article,plywood and epoxy ain't lookin' so bad
      anymore!
      I've gone ahead and printed a few copies of it to bring down to the
      club this weekend.I figure I just have to leave it hanging around the
      bar for the weekend and who knows.......might"scare" up some offers on
      my Micro before too long.:-)......
      Peter Lenihan

      --- In bolger@y..., kayaker37@h... wrote:

      > I have a deposit on an Edey and Duff Dovekie, so I decided to do
      some
      > research on how to tell quality fiberglass work. I came across a
      site
      > with an article called "Are They Fiberglass Boats Anymore?" by David
      > Pascoe , Marine Surveyor.
      >
      > In the article, he talks of looking over a large field of badly
      > damaged boats caught in relatively minor storms. Most of the damage
      > was done by very poor workmanship, and he was able to rib the sides
      > off some of the boats with only his fingertips. He mentions that
      > todays "advanced composite boats" contain little fiberglass, and
      lots
      > of filler. Anyway, I don't know if this exactly fits the forum or
      > not, but if your interested check out the article at
      >
      > http://www.yachtsurvey.com/Fiberglass_Boats.htm
      >
      > I have crossposted this to a couple of sites, because I felt it is a
      > very good article.
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic