scrimmage in McCall--RECRUITING PLAYERS

  • Lynda Ransdell
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
      Hi Everyone: It looks like we ALMOST have enough to play in McCall on Dec 17th from 4:15-5:15. Therefore, I'm kicking into high gear recruiting mode!! (Look out Brandi LaRoque, Stephanie, Meg and Jen Hammer!!)

      Right now, the following 9 people have committed to playing: Brandy Lowe, Gay Lynn Erb, Kelly Wey, Anne Poinier, Cynthia Fairfax, Heather Anderson, Aylee Schaefer, and Lynda Ransdell.

      We still need a goalie and I'm SURE everyone would kick in some funds to help pay for her. The cost is approximately $10/person for ice time and refs, plus gas money.

      Some folks are driving down and back on the same day and others are planning to stay overnight in McCall. There is drop in hockey in McCall on Sunday morning from 11:30 * 12:45pm so folks could play some more hockey or go downhill or xc skiing. That weekend, there is a cross-country ski festival at Jug Mountain Ranch with free clinics, giveaways, etc., AND downhill at Brundage is $25 and Tamarack is $35.

      Here is what I need from you......if you're interested, I can reserve my timeshare for Sat night. It's $75/night and it sleeps at least 6 (although I'm sure we could fit more!). It has 1 bedroom, a loft with 2 beds, and the sofa in the living room is a pullout; it also has a kitchen. So, it's actually cheaper (and larger) than a hotel room and it has a kitchen and a LARGE fridge for refreshments! If you want to stay over on Saturday to play drop-in on Sunday, let me know and I'll go ahead and reserve the timeshare. The other option is that some of the gals from McCall volunteered to let us stay with them. Lastly, let me know your driving plans (e.g., up and back the same day, willing to drive, etc.) so we can start working on car pooling.

      Please consider going as we need your hockey skills!! Take care, Lynda

      Lynda Ransdell, Ph.D., FACSM
      Chair, Dept. of Kinesiology
      Boise State University
      1910 University Dr.
      Boise, ID 83725
      Email: lyndaransdell@...
      Phone: 208-426-4270
      Fax: 208-426-1894
    • Shawn & Chris Gardner
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
        Lynda,
        I checked my schedule and I am not going to be able to go!!! Bummer!!!!
        Anyway, just wanted to let you know.

        Chris

      • latttemomm@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 1, 2005
          Hi Gals,
          I have to work that weekend and I don't think I'll be quit ready to play goalie yet. If Brandie wants to take my goalie gear up to play gaolie that is totally ok with me! Hope you Gals have a blast! I wish I could go, sounds like a lot of fun!!
          Debie