1807Fall Semester Dryland Conditioning at BSU

  • Lynda Ransdell
    Aug 23 1:57 PM
      Hi Super Skaters: I'm sending out this message to invite you to once again participate in our FREE hockey dryland training program at BSU. The program this year will run on Monday and Wednesday nights from 7:15 - 8:15pm in Bronco Gym and it will start on Monday, Sept. 13th and run until Oct. 20th. This is a 5 week program that includes 1 week of pre/post testing. Because the program has traditionally been part of a service learning/research project, we'd like to include those individuals who are willing to commit to attending at least 80% of the conditioning sessions (8 out of 10). For the women hockey players, it coincides beautifully with preparing for the Harvest Classic!! For the men, I'm SURE you'll want to be dominating the league by October, right?!

      We're continually upgrading the program and developing new exercises and challenges for the group. This year, we'll still combine strength, speed, agility, plyometrics, balance, and even some stickwork to make it interesting. We'll also try to do indoor and outdoor workouts.  If you're interested in participating, please let me know and we'll add your name to our participant list. First 40 people who sign up are in!!  Thanks for your interest in the program and please pass this along to any interested folks. I may not have all the email addresses for past participants so invite your friends--PLEASE!

      Take care, Lynda

      --
      "You face a bright future with endless possibilities, so make no small plans"  Bethine Church after receiving an honorary doctorate at BSU Spring Commencement (2009)

      Lynda Ransdell, Ph.D., FACSM, CSCS
      Professor, Dept. of Kinesiology
      1910 University Dr.
      Boise State University
      Boise, ID 83725-1710
      208-426-1798 or LyndaRansdell@...
      FALL 2010 OFFICE HOURS: Tuesday 1-2pm, Wednesday 1:30-3pm, and Thursday 1 - 3:30pm
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic