GoWear Fit

  • Etana
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
      Renee,
      I'm so surprised the "consumer junkie" part of you hasn't bought and
      reviewed this on your blog. I just bought on amazon.com the

      GoWear fit Lifestyle and Calorie Management System
      and the
      GoWear fit Display Device

      It was on sale to buy them together for $189 inclu free 3-month
      subscription (through Jan 31), and I see they're not on sale today. I
      bought them last night at 2am on sale .. Whew!!

      They have gotten rave reviews on JP Forum.
      http://forums.jpfitness.com/fat-loss-troubleshoot/35615-gowear-fit.html

      I had been advised by Leigh Peele that the reason I wasn't losing
      weight all those years was that I had become sedentary outside of the
      hour I exercise each day because of my foot problem, and that even at
      1300 calories, it wasn't enough of a deficit.

      The GoWear fit you wear on your arm 24-hrs a day and it measures every
      calorie burned, and you can see how your daily activity and your
      exercise and your sleep chart in a spike graph for the day. I'll say
      more after I begin wearing it.

      It is an upgrade of the Body Bugg (don't know if you reviewed that, Renee)

      Etana
      7-1/2 wks post surgery: beginning to walk w/out crutches, wearing
      large sneakers instead of boot/brace (ahead of schedule!), hopefully
      to a successful surgery result..
    • Skwigg
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
        Interesting. Thanks for the heads up. I just added it to the Gadgets and
        Gizmos section of my store (http://www.skwigg.com/id105.html).

        The reason I haven't tested the GoWear Fit or the BodyBugg is that I'm
        naturally spazzy. (That's the technical term for it. :-) I dance, I twitch,
        I fidget, I spin in my chair, I run when I should walk, I take stairs two at
        a time, I have a pedal exerciser under my desk. I basically never hold
        still. So, I couldn't get my brain around the idea of wearing an arm band
        and paying a subscription fee to have the software tell me, "Yep, you're
        spazzy." :-)

        BUT if you're someone who is trying to lose weight and isn't very active
        outside of workouts, I suppose one of those things could be life-altering.
        It would show you really quickly whether you're creating a calorie deficit
        or breaking even. The more you move, the more you can eat and still have the
        body composition you want.

        Be sure to give us a report on it, Etana. It looks cool.

        Renee

        On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Etana <etana.finkler01@...> wrote:

        > Renee,
        > I'm so surprised the "consumer junkie" part of you hasn't bought and
        > reviewed this on your blog. I just bought on amazon.com the
        >
        > GoWear fit Lifestyle and Calorie Management System
        > and the
        > GoWear fit Display Device
        >
        > It was on sale to buy them together for $189 inclu free 3-month
        > subscription (through Jan 31), and I see they're not on sale today. I
        > bought them last night at 2am on sale .. Whew!!
        >
        > They have gotten rave reviews on JP Forum.
        > http://forums.jpfitness.com/fat-loss-troubleshoot/35615-gowear-fit.html
        >
        > I had been advised by Leigh Peele that the reason I wasn't losing
        > weight all those years was that I had become sedentary outside of the
        > hour I exercise each day because of my foot problem, and that even at
        > 1300 calories, it wasn't enough of a deficit.
        >
        > The GoWear fit you wear on your arm 24-hrs a day and it measures every
        > calorie burned, and you can see how your daily activity and your
        > exercise and your sleep chart in a spike graph for the day. I'll say
        > more after I begin wearing it.
        >
        > It is an upgrade of the Body Bugg (don't know if you reviewed that, Renee)
        >
        > Etana
        > 7-1/2 wks post surgery: beginning to walk w/out crutches, wearing
        > large sneakers instead of boot/brace (ahead of schedule!), hopefully
        > to a successful surgery result..

      • mccoy_sarh
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 1, 2009
          A friend of mine has the body bug and i really want one of those
          things! I want to know what my heart rate is and the calories that i
          burn each day!

          --- In bodyforlifewomensclub2@yahoogroups.com, Skwigg <skwigg@...>
          wrote:

> [...]
          > >
          > > I had been advised by Leigh Peele that the reason I wasn't losing
          > > weight all those years was that I had become sedentary outside of
          the
          > > hour I exercise each day because of my foot problem, and that
          even at
          > > 1300 calories, it wasn't enough of a deficit.
          > >
          > > The GoWear fit you wear on your arm 24-hrs a day and it measures
          every
          > > calorie burned, and you can see how your daily activity and your
          > > exercise and your sleep chart in a spike graph for the day. I'll
          say
          > > more after I begin wearing it.
          > >
          > > It is an upgrade of the Body Bugg (don't know if you reviewed
          that, Renee)

          > > Etana
          > > 7-1/2 wks post surgery: beginning to walk w/out crutches, wearing
          > > large sneakers instead of boot/brace (ahead of schedule!),

        • Osorio, Debbie
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 10, 2009
            A heart rate monitor that calculates calories burned works as well.

            As an experiment, just yesterday, I put on my HRM when I got up in the morning, and wore it all day. Apparently I burn a lot of calories doing "nothing". Starting at 8am and 14 hours later, I'd burned 2316 calories. After a half-assed workout (worked out too late), I burned 2545 calories. At that point, the damned band was irritating me so I took it off.

            That being said, I NEED MORE FOOD! I realize that is the reason why I am not losing any weight.

            Debbie

            --- In bodyforlifewomensclub2@yahoogroups.com<mailto:bodyforlifewomensclub2%40yahoogroups.com>, Skwigg <skwigg@...>