Holiday Lights

    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 15, 2013
      To all my neighbors here in Bodger Park,

           Although I'm sure most that have lived here for a while are quite aware, there is a house in our neighborhood that does the most fantastic holiday light display each December.  The roof is bathed in lights and the yard is covered in "snow" with a large multitude of animated critters and celebrities.  Many of the animates require you to push a button (located at the base, easily accessable) which is great fun for young and old alike.....especially young since we "olds" can't bend over as well as we used to.  Pushing the button gets the animated dolls to sing, move, or speak w/us.

           I have been enjoying this display for quite a few years now.  I stopped by this evening and was very happy to meet, for the first time, the lady of the house.  She was outside in a Santa hat greeting folks and handing out candy canes.  Her name is Debbie and she's a peach.

           Much to my dismay, she told me that she is moving to Arizona this coming Spring.  So no more magical December lights for Bodger.  I wish her the best and I will truly miss all her hard work putting on a great display in Dec.

           So the point is this; if you've seen this display over the years and enjoyed it, go again a few times before it's all over.  If you've never seen it then go, you'll be mesmerized!  Anyone that has young children in their lives should take the kids to see this, probably twice.  If you know of a neighbor that is new, again especially if they have a young child, TELL them about this, it's so very great for the kids!  Please spread the word.

           Lastly, let's talk money.  Yeah, no one likes to go there.  But Debbie has a little box outside, all mixed in with the joy, that basically says, "If you would like to contribute to the cost of electricity for this display, please feel free."  So.  If you go, if you, or your child, your grandchild, your elder mother or father, or someone that you care about that you bring to see this beautiful display gets joy from this, please donate.  Whatever you can, although I do believe that not one of us here in Bodger can't afford a fiver.  Just sayin.  And hey, I'm not too hoity to actually ask for a twenty!

           Thanks Debbie, you have brought great joy to Bodger Park over the last 20 years, we'll miss ya.  K

           ps, I don't believe Debbie is part of our group.  Anyone that knows her, please show her this and let her know how much we will miss her and her hubby.

    • Hardison, Mark

        Message 3 of 9 , Dec 16, 2013
          On 144th St. near Yukon ( not to be confused with 144th Pl ).

          What is the address?

          Message 4 of 9 , Dec 17, 2013
            SO SORRY!  I meant to put that in at the end but forgot.  She's located on 144 Street and Yukon, second house in, I believe.  Go, have fun! K

            What is the address?

            Message 5 of 9 , Dec 17, 2013
              Thanks for having my back, Lee!  K

                Message 7 of 9 , Dec 17, 2013