Re: What pillow fabric

  • loreleiterry
    Message 1 of 15 , May 31, 2010
      Donald
      I think the only things that really matter are
      1. the fabric covering your pillow should allow pins to be stuck into it easily. In other words a fabric tightly woven as sheet fabric would be annoying to use.
      2. You want a fabric that can withstand having thousands of pins stuck into it without disintegrating. A fabric too thin wouldn't last long. My personal feeling is that I wouldn't expect quilters cotton would last long enough.

      I practice I usually use either a cotton or a polyesther cotton blend of sport weight (suitable to make a pair of shorts or pants, or a skirt). But I take a lace pin with me and stick it into the fabric on the bolt to test how tight it is. Canvas cotton cloth or even pillow fabric (the stripy stuff that formerly was used to make the basic pillow) is certainly strong, and I have used that. Some of my cover cloths are cotton velveteen -- washable but with a nap. It looks pretty and luxurious. I haven't had problems with the fuzz coming off on my lace.

      Lorelei

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, "Donald" <donaldoliver61@...> wrote:

      > What fabric goes on the pillow after it is made?mine is too thin and shows pin holes after pricking is removed. I used a quilters cotton in a solid color .Thanks Donald

    • Dorte Tennison
      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 1, 2010
        Hello evry one on the list

        This weekend there is Tonder Lacefair, I am going on the Saturday, is there
        anyone on the list who is coming to Denmark to join the fair

        Regards Dorte from Denmark

      • Charlotte Moore
        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
          No, But I sure do wish I was!!!

          Charlotte in Georgia, USA

          This weekend there is Tonder Lacefair, I am going on the Saturday, is there
          anyone on the list who is coming to Denmark to join the fair

          Regards Dorte from Denmark

        • Stephanie
          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
            Me too :-)
            But it is to far to ride on my bike :-)
            Stephanie (at least 500 km :-) So not so far it would be impossible)

            Op 2 jun 2010, om 21:43 heeft Charlotte Moore het volgende geschreven:

            > No, But I sure do wish I was!!!
            >
            > Charlotte in Georgia, USA

          • Dorte Tennison
            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 2, 2010
              Is that a motorbike ore pushbike?

              Dorte

              Stephanie (at least 500 km :-) So not so far it would be impossible)

              Op 2 jun 2010, om 21:43 heeft Charlotte Moore het volgende geschreven:

              > No, But I sure do wish I was!!!
              >
              > Charlotte in Georgia, USA

              11:57:00

            • Stephanie
              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 3, 2010
                I wish I had a motorbike :-)))) It's just a Batavus Weekend :-))))
                http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fietske.nl/DSC01342%2520klein.JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.fietske.nl/dames_nieuw.php&usg=__nZujObK3R3HHGj5mSi871ZrPFrs=&h=288&w=384&sz=66&hl=nl&start=20&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=RLwKy6HpBaHrPM:&tbnh=92&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbatavus%2Bweekend%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dnl%26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

                Sorry for the long link, I have no idea how to shorten it.
                But on my bike I have to be the horsepower :-)
                Stephanie (I believe I saw once a photo from you and a motorbike???)

                Op 3 jun 2010, om 08:16 heeft Dorte Tennison het volgende geschreven:

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 3, 2010
                  Probely you have, I had some pictures on bobbinlace and I have been Slagelse
                  lacefair on bike, Batavus is a great bike had one for about 30 years ago and
                  lasted med for nearly 10 years, and later I got a motobekane (MBK) had that
                  in 20 years, it was worn out, so now I have SCO bought I Tuesday.

                  Dorte

                  I wish I had a motorbike :-)))) It's just a Batavus Weekend :-))))
                  http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fietske.nl/DSC01342%2520klein.
                  JPG
                  <http://www.google.nl/imgres?imgurl=http://www.fietske.nl/DSC01342%2520klein
                  .JPG&imgrefurl=http://www.fietske.nl/dames_nieuw.php&usg=__nZujObK3R3HHGj5mS
                  i871ZrPFrs=&h=288&w=384&sz=66&hl=nl&start=20&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=RLwKy6HpBaHrP
                  M:&tbnh=92&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbatavus%2Bweekend%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dnl%
                  26client%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1>
                  &imgrefurl=http://www.fietske.nl/dames_nieuw.php&usg=__nZujObK3R3HHGj5mSi871
                  ZrPFrs=&h=288&w=384&sz=66&hl=nl&start=20&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=RLwKy6HpBaHrPM:&t
                  bnh=92&tbnw=123&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dbatavus%2Bweekend%26um%3D1%26hl%3Dnl%26cl
                  ient%3Dsafari%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Den%26tbs%3Disch:1

                  Sorry for the long link, I have no idea how to shorten it.
                  But on my bike I have to be the horsepower :-)
                  Stephanie (I believe I saw once a photo from you and a motorbike???)

                  Op 3 jun 2010, om 08:16 heeft Dorte Tennison het volgende geschreven:

                  > Is that a motorbike ore pushbike?
                  >
                  > Dorte
                  >

                  > Fra: bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com <mailto:bobbinlace%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > Stephanie (at least 500 km :-) So not so far it would be impossible)

                  08:25:00

                • ColetteK
                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 3, 2010
                    I so wish I could go!!! Hopefully someday :)

                    Colette

                    --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, "Dorte Tennison" <DorteTennison@...> wrote:

                    > Hello evry one on the list
                    >
                    > This weekend there is Tonder Lacefair, I am going on the Saturday, is there
                    > anyone on the list who is coming to Denmark to join the fair
                    >
                    > Regards Dorte from Denmark

                  • Jo
                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 4, 2010
                      > Sorry for the long link, I have no idea how to shorten it.
                      Goto http://tinyurl.com/
                    • Lynne Morgan
                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 4, 2010
                        > Sorry for the long link, I have no idea how to shorten it.
                        Goto http://tinyurl.com/

                        Or snipurl.com

                      • Laurin
                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 8, 2010
                          Hoi Dorte,
                          I was there! And we meet each other on Saturday after a long time. That was very nice. the Tonder Lacefair was also nice again. A good organisation, beautiful laces and a lot to buy (o,o,o). I have an empty wallet now, but beautiful things. I can make lace in my holidays.

                          Regards from Laurin, Holland