complete newbie from the UK

  • Barbara West
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 2, 2009
      Hi Everyone
      I am completely new to bobbin lace I bought a kit some time ago years in fact and intended to learn but serious health matters prevented me from starting Due to finding anther kit for a pound it made me decide to have a real go/  I suffer from a sertious illness and end up in hospital quite often when I start to get better I like to crochet or cross stitch if I can get on with bobbin lace then it will give the staff something else to complain about as my bed and table are always covered with the things I am making.  I love all crafts in particular the old crafts which seem to be dying out which is a shame I paint as well as I live in a bungalow with no storage I have got to find room for everything you would be amazed at whar is behind my settee.

      I live in a place called Nuneaton in Warwickshire  I was born in Stratford on Avon where William Shakespeare came from I trained as a State Registered Nurse  I worked as a nurse for 30 years before retiring through ill health Idid think I would have lots of time to do all the things I like doing and learning about new crafts I am sure I am like others who have retired you find you do not have time for anything.
      Ishall look forward to reading what everone is doing and ope to get the time to set up a site myself to show what I do.

      Many thanks

      Barbara