Re: [bobbinlace] Bobbin question

  • Carol
    Message 1 of 196 , Oct 1, 2009
      Hi Linda,

      I would send them back, and purchase some more from another supplier, who you know to be reliable! Bobbins that are rough are definitely 'not fit for purpose', so there shouldn't be any quibble! In the UK, that is a phrase which means a lot - whatever you buy, and whatever is advertised for a said purpose, has to fulfil that purpose - not much good if it doesn't!!!

      Carol - Suffolk UK

      Message 196 of 196 , Jan 30, 2015
        Hi Sue

        If the trader in New York is the one I think you mean she is very good, but there is just one lace supplier that I know of in Canada
        http://www.trilliumlace.ca/

        All the usual disclaimers, (not strictly true as they both stocked the last edition of my threads book,) but I do know that Canada is a bit of a wilderness when it comes to lace supplies and we would all rather spend the pennies/cents on equipment rather than shipping and taxes.

        Brenda

        > On 30 Jan 2015, at 17:39, Susan van Hees sjvanhees@... [bobbinlace] <bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >
        > I have ordered basic supplies from New York which will no doubt cost me more in shipping and duty than the supplies but what the heck!

        Brenda in Allhallows
        paternoster@...
        www.brendapaternoster.co.uk