re lace 2000

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 18, 2009
      I have just been playing nice and working on a bucks type pattern on lace 2000 and wondered how to mark picots on a pattern on the outside fans? I have the thread line and pin holes but not something donating picot. This is not my own pattern but part of one of the Devon Trolley lace patterns In Carol McFadzeans book, I want to use for a hanky edge.
      Can I ask what others do to create the right markings please? This is my first venture into point ground lace, other than photocopying an original pattern.

      Sue T Dorset, UK
      Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
      http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk

    • Marilyn Vogl
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 19, 2009
        Sue, couldn't you place a tiny star by the pin hole that needs the picot?  The pattern I have with picots,, does not have an extra mark, I just know that all the outside pins have a picot there.
        Marilyn from SW MN

        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 19, 2009
          I draw a tiny circle around the pinhole for picots. Saw this somewhere in a book.

          Jenny in Sydney

        • Sue
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 20, 2009
            Thank you Marilyn,
            thanks to other members of the lace groups I now have the perfect answer. That is that pin holes on the headside of bucks lace always denotes picots, so no need to make any extra mark at all, but the program I am using has a circle function which I can use to make one nice one and then copy and paste whereever I want it, so that has made up a lovely working diagram. Checking different books I have it was obvious that the patterns are printed out with the dots but the working diagrams have the extra lines and marks, so that can be done on small repeats of the design and on large view, close up and then printed out bigger than the actual design.
            Thank you for your help and that of the others who woke my brain up to remember these things.
            Sue T
            Sue, couldn't you place a tiny star by the pin hole that needs the picot? The pattern I have with picots,, does not have an extra mark, I just know that all the outside pins have a picot there.
            Marilyn from SW MN

            I have just been playing nice and working on a bucks type pattern on lace 2000 and wondered how to mark picots on a pattern on the outside fans? I have the thread line and pin holes but not something donating picot. This is not my own pattern but part of one of the Devon Trolley lace patterns In Carol McFadzeans book, I want to use for a hanky edge.
            Can I ask what others do to create the right markings please? This is my first venture into point ground lace, other than photocopying an original pattern.

            Sue T Dorset, UK
            Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
            http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk

            Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic

            Visit Your Group
            Give Back
            Yahoo! for Good

            Get inspired