Pattern

  • Sue
    Message 1 of 17 , Apr 7, 2009
      I have been thinking of making a garter pattern to pass on to one of my sisters families to use and to pass on into the future. Yesterday a special aunt passed away and somehow I feels like I would like to keep her name going with this piece of lace.

      I wonder if any of you lacemakers out there know of a pattern called Joyce or Joy as a strip piece either in Torchon or Bucks (she didn't like my beds piece). I there is I would like to get hold of a copy, and if not perhaps I should design something.

      Sue T Dorset, UK
      Bobbin Lace and Glass engravings
      http://www.hurwitzend.co.uk

    • Pamela Thompson
      Message 2 of 17 , Apr 7, 2009
        Sue
        There is a pattern named JOY in A visual Introduction to Buckspoint Lace by Geraldine Stott. In her book this pattern introudces infilled gimp weaving.
        From the look of your work on your site this would be a easy pattern for you.  It is just a straight design. You could possibly mirror image the piece and make a connection down the middle.  The pattern calls for 19 pairs and 1 gimp.  It is on page 26 of my book. My copy was reprinted in 1992.
        I am sure you will find the pattern you want but this is an idea.

        Happy Lacing
        Pam

        Message 3 of 17 , Feb 8, 2013
          Hi Al,
          I have mislaid my pattern for the edging shown in my photo page Joy in OZ, it is titled Joys Lace 1 if anyone can recognise it please can you let me know the name of the book it is in? I have done this edging before it is an oval piece with linen middle

          Also I find that a couple of my pieces in my photo album are under the name of ichodges........please can you tell me why and how this has happened
          Thanks in advance
          Joy in OZ