Re: Introduction

  • Wendy Davies
    Message 1 of 196 , May 1 6:29 AM
      Hi Sue

      I also have descovered Arachne but am totally stuck I have subscribed
      for the digest but can for the life of me get anywhere into the
      website to put any posts on or to view the photo gallery.

      I have emailed asking for help but have not had any reply. I have
      thought about cancelling my subscribtion. I took me ages to
      understand and subscribe in the first place it was only after 3 goes
      I managed that.

      Maybe it is me being a bit slow but I have never had so much problems
      getting into a website in my life. Can anyone shed any light on this
      subject as I am totally stumped.

      I look forward to hearing from anyone.

      Thanks in advance.
      WEndy

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, "Sue Babbs" <suebabbs@...> wrote:

      > Incidentally, I am not sure if you are all aware that there is
      another (probably more active) lace list called Arachne. Also with
      its own photo gallery, for those of you bewailing lack of pictures.

      > I am copying here the unsubscribe details for Arachne am assuming
      that the subscribe details will be similar just
      substituting "subscribe" for "unsubscribe"- or you can write to the
      moderator if they don't work. I have been a member too long to
      remember how to join!

      > arachnemoderator@...
      >
      > This list is strictly for lace related conversations. There is an
      offshoot lace-chat where we can talk about chocolate, cats and
      anything else that springs to mind

      > Sue

    • Brenda Paternoster
      Message 196 of 196 , Jan 30
        Hi Sue

        If the trader in New York is the one I think you mean she is very good, but there is just one lace supplier that I know of in Canada
        http://www.trilliumlace.ca/

        All the usual disclaimers, (not strictly true as they both stocked the last edition of my threads book,) but I do know that Canada is a bit of a wilderness when it comes to lace supplies and we would all rather spend the pennies/cents on equipment rather than shipping and taxes.

        Brenda

        > On 30 Jan 2015, at 17:39, Susan van Hees sjvanhees@... [bobbinlace] <bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >
        > I have ordered basic supplies from New York which will no doubt cost me more in shipping and duty than the supplies but what the heck!

        Brenda in Allhallows
        paternoster@...
        www.brendapaternoster.co.uk