New Member

  • Silk Pixie
    Message 1 of 119 , Mar 1, 2008
      Hello!

      I'm Debbie, from Cheshire, UK, I'm so pleased to be in this group! I am a
      member of several Yahoo groups including beading and spinner/weaver groups.

      I have been making needle lace for around 10 years now but I grew up with
      lace making in Northamptonshire, my grandmother used to make bobbin lace and
      I was fascinated watching her, with hundreds of bobbins and the intricate
      pricking; so last year I decided to take the plunge and try my hand at
      Bedfordshire lace myself, I am hooked and I love the way that bobbin and
      needle lace can be used together. I am a member of the Lace Guild and have
      tried all forms of lace making but bobbin and needle lace are my favourites.

      I hope to be able to improve my lacing skill to match that of my
      grandmothers!!!

      Hope to get to know all of you soon!

      Debbie

      Cheshire UK

      www.jewellace.com

      Checked by AVG.
      12:14
    • lacemakerellie
      Message 119 of 119 , Oct 23, 2010
        Hi Liz.. Good luck in making your roller pillow. I have never made one and should give it a try.. I have made many "cookie" pillows in various sizes. I cut a circle out of the center of my wooden base to stuff it more easily and evenly.. We can never have too many pillows. I have seen the block pillows that allow the lace to be moved more easily, but haven't met anyone who uses one. I'm wondering if it works well and what happens when you reach the edge of a block.

        Happy Lacing,
        Ellie from California