New to Bobbin Lace

  • Bets
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2007
      Hi. I just joined the Bobbin Lace group because I'm brand new to it, and I want to learn how to keep the thread on the bobbins. :-) I start out with it wrapped and holding strong at a fixed length...and by the time I work a whole row, they all vary between 2" - 9" inches. I had a chance to try my hand at bobbin lace at a Fiber Festival. And I fell in love with it immediately. A friend gave me a beginner's kit which I just cracked open today. I have a lot to learn!!! But I'm looking forward to it. I live in Southern California.

    • Linda Mageske
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 10, 2011
        Greetings from New Mexico! Hubby and I live on a micro farm about 30 miles from the Tx border on I-40. On this micro farm there are humans, chickens, dogs, goats and OH MY!!
        I love working with crazy quilting and tatting and have been interested in bobbin lace for some time. I learned how to tat from the internet and books in the fall of 2007 and taught a class in 2009. I have learned many techniques and so many more to go... Hopefully I can learn bobbin lace from the net and books. My work and life on the ranch can be seen on the blogs below.

        Linda's Blog  http://quayceetatter.blogspot.com
        Alaska, Ranch and Trip Blog - http://magicman1938.blogspot.com

         -:¦:- God's Blessings-:¦:-

      • Gina
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 11, 2011
          Welcome Linda! Nice to see you here too. I'm fairly new too.

          :-) Gina