Re: Bobbins

  • Barbara
    Message 1 of 15 , Mar 2, 2007
      Hi,

      Along with doing lace and other lace type things, I also do machine
      embroidery and just in case there are other people out there that do
      machine embroidery, I have a site that just started selling
      bobbins and a design with a lace piece with bobbins included for a
      very reasonable price. Just in case anyone would like to see these
      these items here is her website:

      http://jeaniescraftcorner.com

      You may have to copy and paste this to go her site,but it is worth
      it. I have been waiting for this for a long time and plan on making
      cover cloths, decorate a sweatshirt and many other things with these
      designs. I hope there are others out there who can use these also or
      maybe know someone else who can do it for them.

      Barbara
    • joybern1@bigpond.com
      Message 2 of 15 , Mar 2, 2007
        Hello Barbara,
        Thanks for the machine embroidery site.....it looks really great...I do machine embroidery too.
        Joy
        joybern1@...
        http://artbyjoymac.blogspot.com
        Message 3 of 15 , Mar 6, 2007
          I went to Jeaniescraft web site and really liked the bobbins and lace in
          progress. I also do machine embroidery and am glad to get the patterns.
          Trying to get ready for the Atlanta IOLI workshop this weekend.
          Dianne in Dunlap, TN
          http://www.aol.com

        • Brenda
          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 23, 2010
            Hi, Folks,
            We have been talking about bobbins; I asked my woodworker friend and here's our correspondence:

            On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 2:43 PM, Brenda <saguaro@...> wrote:

            Hi, Shawn,
            do you know about lace bobbins? I used to live in Brazil and the ladies made bobbin lace. Apparently they make it here, too. The Brazilians' husbands made their bobbins with a knife and sandpaper. Some of them were pretty fancy, too. No gauge involved. They sell by the pair, sometimes by the dozen.

            On Sat, Feb 20, 2010 at 12:51 PM, Shawn shawnhoefer@... wrote:
            Brenda:
            I never thought about looking for a bobbin lace group as I do not make bobbin lace. I DO, however, make bobbins. Feel free to pass my name and website forward and I can make whatever they want to order... I can even come close to duplicating existing bobbins if they want to risk an original...

            Here's one I made out of Walnut. It's about 4-inches long...

            http://laffing-horse.com/WordPress/wp-content/gallery/crochethooks/SDC10435.JPG

            This is Shawn Hoefer of Laffing Horse Crafts: http://laffing-horse.com/WordPress/
            I said that about gauge because his knitting needles and crochet hooks are true to gauge, he mikes them as he goes.

            Hope this helps in your search.

            Enjoy! Brenda in Onalaska, WA USA saguaro@...
            Best book club: www.PaperBackSwap.com

          • skkyeviolet518
            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 22

              I have 71 of the plastic midlands bobbins, only one of which is spangled and I would like to send them to someone in the group who either has little access to suppliers or who is just starting out.  There's enough, I think, that they can be split in two.  There's nothing wrong with them.  I got them mixed with wood ones from the daughter of a friend who was not interested in making lace herself.