Russian Tape lace

  • joybern20042003
    Message 1 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
      Hi All,
      Does anyone know of a good Russian Tape lace learners book or a site
      that shows the directions
      Thanks in advance
      Joy in oZ
    • memeljh@aol.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
        I, too, would like to know about the Russian Tape Lace. Please reply to the
        list. Thanks.

        Jean in Oklahoma, USA

      • wrobers@nb.sympatico.ca
        Message 3 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
          Hello Joy,

          I have the book Russian Lace Patterns by Anna Korableva and Bridget M Cook.
          It is not a particulary easy book, In de part that explains the technique I might have wanted some more drawn pictures. But the photo's are big and explain a lot.
          It is certainly not a book for new lacemakers, but to look at it wants you to start immediately.
          Happy lacing,

          Wilhelmina.

        • joybern1@bigpond.com
          Message 4 of 9 , Jan 1, 2007
            Hello Wilhelmina,

            I believe that they wrote another book on Russian Tape lace before this one
            called Russian Lace Making and it is supposed to be an excellent book for
            beginners to this type of lace...very good instructions..I am really
            interested in how to turn corners...so I am really looking for
            that.......apparently it is not availabe in the shops now
            Thanks anyway

          • cyncewilliams@aol.com
            Message 5 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
              You might want to look at Brigita Fuhrmann's *Bobbin Lace, An Illustrated
              Guide to Traditional and Contemporary Techniques* ISBN 0-486-24902-6

              It was originally published in1976 and reprinted by Dover in '85 so it may
              still be available.

              The last section is specifically tape lace techniques but not much in the way
              of specific patterns or how to design your own.

              Cynthia
            • Rebecca
              Message 6 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
                Hi Joy,
                There is a DVD put out by Hensel Productions "Russian Tape Lace with
                Lia Baumeister", it is also available in VHS format. I have this DVD
                and I found it to be very helpful. I can now look at any Russian
                pattern and have a full understanding on how to work it, even with out
                directions. Hopefuly there is something similar in Australia.

                I hope this helps,
                Rebecca
                California

              • joybern1@bigpond.com
                Message 7 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
                  Hi Rebecca and Cynthia,
                  Thanks for the information...much appreciated
                  Joy
                • Barbara Gordon
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
                    Hi,

                    I also have the DVD put out by Hensel Productions on Russian Tape Lace by
                    Lia Baumeister and find it to be great. I am right now working on the
                    Butterfly and find it to be one of the best things that I have purchased.

                    Barbara

                    Kenosha, WI

                    www.barbaragordon.ws

                  • joybern1@bigpond.com
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 2, 2007
                      Hello Barbara,
                      Many thanks for the information but for me to purchase this DVD would cost
                      me $57.00 Australian ........ far too expensive for me living here in
                      Australia.
                      Thanks anyway
                      Joy in OZ
                      !