Re: [bobbinlace] Introduction :-)/venetian lace

  • cyncewilliams@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 3, 2006
      In a message dated 11/20/06 11:23:27 AM, michelle@... writes:

      << As a side note, I'm looking for a certain book that specializes in
      pre-1600

      lace, and would appreciate any suggestions on where to find it. (I'm a

      member of the Society for Creative Anachronism, and currently focus on

      replicating clothing from Venice in the late 1500's, so gorgeous lace is

      important ;-) >>

      Hi Michelle,
      Better late than never--sorry.
      Have you seen *Le Pompe, 1559 Pattens for Venetian bobbin lace* by
      Santina M. Levey and Patricia C. Payne? ISBN 0 903585 16 2
      It's a facsimile plus historic and technical notes. Oops sorry it's from
      1983--I keep forgetting how long ago it was that I was buying lace books. It
      is choice, tho. Maybe you can ILL it.

      Cynthia the mundane ;-)