Re: [bobbinlace] classes in Germany

  • E.G.F.
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 3, 2006
      Hillary,

      have a look at:
      http://www.langendorfkloeppel.de/prodeut/produkt/kurse_d.htm

      or send an info to:
      http://www.deutscher-kloeppelverband.de

      Good luck!
      Erika

      --- h_detmers <h_detmers@...> ha scritto:

      ---------------------------------
      Stephanie --

      I really enjoyed reading your response.
      I'm a 'lurker' on this list, as I have my equipment,
      but have yet to
      find a teacher in this area. A local Volkshochschule
      offers classes,
      but for the past 2 years have not received enough
      registrations to
      hold a class, and they won't give me the info to
      contact the teacher
      privately.

      Hilary in Gemrany (about 300km south of you)

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, Stephanie en Frits
      <frits-
      stephanie@...> wrote:

      > Hi Alice, nice that you are starting lacing :-)) Be
      prepared, it's
      an
      > edicting hobby ..... once you start its very
      difficult to stop!!!
      > The fun with lacing is that uyou do not need special
      stuff ....
      for
      > lifting the pins you use you nails :-)) (At least I
      do :-))) I have
      > lot of real pillows, but use my home made!!! We have
      her a stuff
      > called Roofmate, a bleu stuff they use when they
      build houses, to
      > keep the cold out :-))
      > It's graet stuff, make a circle on it, cut it out,
      fabric over it
      and
      > you have a new pillow ..... costs here about 5 euro
      .... (about 7
      > dollars??) Super light, easy to take with you or
      replace in the
      > house ... much better than the real pillows, to
      heavy to carry for
      me.
      > On the internet you can finf lots of pricking
      patterns to make
      nice

      http://lace.lacefairy.com/Gallery/LacePatterns.html

      > http://www.crlg.org/Patterns.html
      >
      > The fun with lacing is that you do not need
      expensive stuff to try
      > and learn it .... you can even work with braches
      from a tree ....
      > When you are lacing for a lot of years you realize
      that you always
      > paid to much for your stuff ... you could have
      easily made it
      > yourself :-)))
      > I can send you a lot of bobbins for a little
      money..... but the
      > postal costs will be to much, try to make your own
      and buy new or
      > second hand-ones when you have more money .... than
      try to buy
      from
      > Ebay, not so expensive .....
      >
      > I love my lacing (started about 15 years ago) and
      the more than
      100
      > books I collected, but when you start lacing: get
      the best

      bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com het
      > volgende geschreven:
      >
      > > $$ is tight right now, DH has been out of work for
      a little over a
      > > month (no fault of his, company downsized) but I
      do have a small
      > > weekly allowance for fun stuff. So what should I
      get next? Thread,
      > > bobbins, special pricking paper,pricker, pin
      lifter, something
      > > different? And what can I use as substitutes? I
      was thinking of
      trying
      > > to make a few of my own bobbins from directions I
      found on the
      > > internet, and card stock for pricking paper. I
      WANT a real
      pillow, but
      > > I've got my heart set on a 20" straw filled cookie
      pillow, and
      that
      > > definitely needs to wait. I was also thinking of a
      video, but
      they're
      > > expensive, and I learn fine from books, so while
      it's on my want
      list,
      > > it's a bit further down on priorities.
      > >
      > > Any help is appreciated. I'm in the US, so will
      intially order
      from a
      > > US source since I don't want to wait to long.
      > >
      > > Thanks,
      > > Alice in New Hampshire

      removed]

      Craft
      supply witch Craft
      supply usa Craft
      supplies
      Craft supply bead
      Hobby and craft supply
      Craft supply store

      Terms of Service.

      http://mail.yahoo.it
    • h_detmers
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 8, 2006
        Erika -

        Thanmks so much for the link! I just sent an email to the deutscher-
        kloeppelverband. Hopefully I'll have a positive response soon.

        Regards,
        Hilary