Re: place to purchase bobbins

  • Rebecca
    Message 1 of 27 , Feb 1, 2006
      Misha, it all depends on the size of the items, if the item is the
      size of a loaf of bread or smaller it will be post. I think if you
      call your order in you can specify how you would like the merchandis
      sent.

      This conversation has reminded me that I need to order new buisness
      card from them. Oh they also have a realy cute lace shell in the
      newest cataloge. Now where did I put that cataloge. HEHEHE
      :-)

      Rebecca

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, "Misha Saillant" <saillant@i...>
      wrote:

      > yes ,that's what I think so Rebecca!
      > You surely bought very nice things and that is nothing to do with
      this kit.
      > tell me Rebecca ...
      > I want to order from them few little things ,but as I'm from
      Canada ,it 's not so easy cuz I need to pay the duty and
      everything ,but what I want to know is about when they send your
      order.
      > is't only with USP ?
      > UPS is really a problem for me cuz I leave in a country
      > do you know if there is a possibility to send via post Canada?
      > like this I'll be able to pay at the post office the duty and
      I'll be sure that they keep it till somebody go there to pick up my
      package.
      > thanks ,hugs,Misha

    • Betty
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 1, 2006
        Hi Dee

        I tried to telephone Springett on the number below and a message
        from the oporator siand the number is un known

        Betty

        -- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, <delia.palin@...> wrote:

        > Hello Betty!
        >
        > Their address is C & D Springett, 8 Strath Close, Rugby,
        Warwickshire CV21 4GA, Tel 01788 54469, email david@... They have
        videos on Beds 1, 2, 3, & 4, Honiton, Torchon 1 & 2, Bucks Point,
        Brugges Bloemwerk, Tatting, Fan Mounting, Turning Lace Bobbins and
        Spangling the Springett Way (I found my 2005 catalogue!) Prices
        vary from £9.50 to £30.00 plus P+P depending on the length of the
        video. I have never seen one of their videos, but their books are
        great. Hope this helps! (BTW I live in the Forest of Dean - not
        too far from you! Do you ever go to the Lace Fair in Chepstow in
        May? C + D Springett are usually there.)

      • Gillandpetej@aol.com
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 1, 2006
          Betty

          I am sure that Springetts have retired and their business was bought out. I
          will check this tomorrow to see if I can find the new details and name.

          Gill

        • Betty
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 1, 2006
            Thank you very much Gill

            Betty

          • delia.palin@tiscali.co.uk
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 2, 2006
              Hello Betty!

              It is only a matter of months since I rang them to order, on that phone number, and they seemed to be very much alive and kicking! I have also checked and they are going to be at Chepstow in May. I have got a lace class on Friday, and my teacher is a personal friend of theirs, so I will ask her about it and come back to you.

              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 5, 2006
                Betty

                Sorry that I took so long to reply. Every time I remembered my little
                grandaughter was asleep in the room where I keep my lace!

                My latest info is that Springetts is now owned by Linda and Jeremy Fountain
                Magdalene Cottage
                3 Church Hill
                Geddington, Kettering NN14 1AH

                01536 742481.
                No doubt if this is not correct someone will let us know!

                They still trade as Springetts

                Hope this helps

                Gill

              • Betty
                Message 7 of 27 , Feb 5, 2006
                  Many thanks Gill I will give them a call today and see

                • delia.palin@tiscali.co.uk
                  Message 8 of 27 , Feb 6, 2006
                    Yes, they do trade as Springetts, but the Springetts themselves are still going strong, but not to such a great extent as they used to. No bobbins for sale, for instance. They will be at Chepstow in May.

                    Dee

                    Message 9 of 27 , Feb 6, 2006
                      Thank you

                      Betty

                      -- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, <delia.palin@...> wrote:

                      > Yes, they do trade as Springetts, but the Springetts themselves
                      are still going strong, but not to such a great extent as they used
                      to. No bobbins for sale, for instance. They will be at Chepstow in
                      May.

                      > Dee

                    • Betty
                      Message 10 of 27 , Feb 6, 2006
                        Hi Gill

                        Just rang the number nut it is now a private number

                        Betty

                        -- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, Gillandpetej@... wrote:

                        > Betty
                        >
                        > Sorry that I took so long to reply. Every time I remembered my
                        little
                        > grandaughter was asleep in the room where I keep my lace!
                        >
                        > My latest info is that Springetts is now owned by Linda and
                        Jeremy Fountain
                        > Magdalene Cottage
                        > 3 Church Hill
                        > Geddington, Kettering NN14 1AH
                        >
                        > 01536 742481.
                        > No doubt if this is not correct someone will let us know!
                        >
                        > They still trade as Springetts
                        >
                        > Hope this helps
                        >
                        > Gill

                      • Carol Adkinson
                        Message 11 of 27 , Feb 7, 2006
                          Hi All,

                          I think you will find that Linda - who with her ex-husband did trade for a
                          while as Springetts, but then they traded as Fountains - is no longer
                          trading. As far as I remember, Roseground took over a lot of the stock, as
                          well as the bobbins, so everything that they sold, Pat now has! But - as
                          you say, Springetts are still trading, selling the videos etc., but they
                          don't do a general supplies business any more. At least, I don't think so -
                          but I am sure this will be corrected if it is incorrect.

                          Carol - in Suffolk UK

                          > Just rang the number nut it is now a private number
                          >
                          > Betty
                          >

                          > -- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, Gillandpetej@... wrote:
                          > >

                          > > My latest info is that Springetts is now owned by Linda and
                          > Jeremy Fountain
                          > > Magdalene Cottage
                          > > 3 Church Hill
                          > > Geddington, Kettering NN14 1AH
                          > >
                          > > 01536 742481.
                          > > No doubt if this is not correct someone will let us know!
                          > >
                          > > They still trade as Springetts
                          > > >

                          > Yahoo! Groups Links

                        • tapestry413
                          Message 12 of 27 , Feb 12, 2006
                            Hi Linda,

                            I don't know if this URL has been posted before, but Susan Wenzel in
                            Dumfries, VA is a fantastic source for bobbins. She only charges the
                            actual costs for shipping and has all sorts of bobbins, threads and
                            books. She was my lace teacher when I lived in PA before she moved to
                            VA.

                            http://www.lacysusan.com/

                            Tap ;~D

                            --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, linda head <lynhead52@...> wrote:

                            > There is a catalog called Victorian Trading Co. 1-800-800-6647 set
                            of 24 bobbins, board, and patterns for 29.95 they are also on the
                            web at