Happy to have found this group

  • susan swett
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2004
      Hi,
      My name is Susie. I have 3 children and 7 grandchildren. I am living in Kansas on a 30 acre farmstead and I raise a small flock of sheep.
      I first became interested in bobbinlace when shopping for a spinning wheel in Edmonds, Wa. That was about 15 years ago. The shop was "The Lacemaker" which is now in Ohio.
      I've had to rely on books and video to learn bobbinlace. My biggest problem was how to fit 82 bobbins on the pillow. The books I have, didn't cover this problem, but I soon, learned how to stack them. I think I'm ready to move out of torchon. My favorite lace is Bruges. Does anyone know of a good easy-to-follow beginners book on Bruges?

      Susie

    • Lorelei Halley
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        Susie
        Edna Sutton has written 2 books on Bruges bloomwork that I know of, and they
        are in English. Rombach de Kievid also wrote one in Dutch. Start with the
        IOLI library which probably has at leasst some of these.
        Lorelei