[bobbinlace] Questions

  • kate
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 30, 2003
      Hi Deanna

      >Second, I am a weaver and have wondered about bobbin lacing the fringe
      >hanging on the edge of my weaving when I take it off the loom. Would I
      >need
      >to use every other thread to lace, have you seen anything written on
      >this
      >variant of the lacing?

      This technique is illustrated in a Norwegian booklet called something
      like 'Knypplerskan'. There are two booklets and I can't remember which
      it's in.

      Essentially you'd use the weft plus a warp thread left long enough as
      the weavers/workers and few of the warp threads as the passives. Then
      you'd turn a corner and work the lace incorporating warp threads from
      the fabric and disposing of threads at the outside edge.

      Kate
      in Somerset, UK

      katelace@...
    • Rozanne Charish
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 1, 2003
        Hi. Here is the website of a nice lacemaker in Barcelona.
        She is called Carolina. Her email is cadega@.... Her lace website is www.geocities.com/carolgallego/ I don't know of any groups in Barcelona but I hope you have a great time.