Introduction

  • Barbara J Gordon
    Message 1 of 196 , Aug 1, 2003
      Hi to all,
      I have been a member of a lace group here since back in 1988. I do Bobbin
      Lace, Tatting, Hardanger, Sewing, Knitting and needlepoint. The last one
      mentioned I haven't done in quite a while. With so many hobbies I don't get
      to do them all the time. I am now in the mood for a lot of bobbin lace. I
      have done a little with wire also. Am trying right now to really get going
      on doing a fan and some hearts from the "24 Hearts In Bobbin Lace" book.
      Anxious to here about everyone else's projects.

      Barbara
    • Brenda Paternoster
      Message 196 of 196 , Jan 30
        Hi Sue

        If the trader in New York is the one I think you mean she is very good, but there is just one lace supplier that I know of in Canada
        http://www.trilliumlace.ca/

        All the usual disclaimers, (not strictly true as they both stocked the last edition of my threads book,) but I do know that Canada is a bit of a wilderness when it comes to lace supplies and we would all rather spend the pennies/cents on equipment rather than shipping and taxes.

        Brenda

        > On 30 Jan 2015, at 17:39, Susan van Hees sjvanhees@... [bobbinlace] <bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com> wrote:
        >
        > I have ordered basic supplies from New York which will no doubt cost me more in shipping and duty than the supplies but what the heck!

        Brenda in Allhallows
        paternoster@...
        www.brendapaternoster.co.uk