New member intro:

  • Chris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 2000
      Hello! Just joined this list yesterday, read ALL the posts & thought
      I ought to introduce myself. I am Chris, 61, recent widow from
      central Illinois, USA. I have been lacing since winter '88/'89. I
      also knit (sweaters & lace), spin (spindle & wheel), do enough wood
      working to make my own bobbins and restore my antique spinning
      wheels. Next learning project is weaving. Current work in progress
      is enough 1 1/4" wide lace to edge the bottom of a floor lenght
      petticoat (11'9" completed to date). I only have enough of this
      spool of thread for the last 3 inches. Next week I get to teach 4
      Jr. High School students to knit (or at least start teaching). In
      the next few days I will be responding to OLD posts. I have a full
      page of things I want to delve into & people I want to talk to. You
      are a very interesting group. I am pleased to have found you and
      hope I can add to the enjoyment of the group. Chris