Help Needed!!!!!!!

  • Lorie Vaught
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2000
      I am new to Bobbin Lace. I ordered a cookie pillow kit/set from
      Snowgoose and just love it. In the Kit there is a booklet
      entitled "Bobbin Lace with out a Teacher". Thus far I seem to be
      doing fine. I did have a little individual instruction prior to
      getting this kit so I understand the terms cross, twist, half stitch
      and whole stitch. In the booklet I have done exercise 1 thur 3.
      Three I did several times just to get it. Now the problem. I have
      started working on exercise #4 - Fan Edging. I think I have done
      everything right on page 17 and most of 18...it's where I start the
      fan is where I am having problems....unfortunately my teacher is not
      here to help. Before I start working the fan..I have two pairs of
      colored bobbins in position #1 & 2...#1 being the one with the 4
      yards of thread ( the worker pair) ...Now the question when it
      says "with pairs 2 and 3 WS; T worker, (which worker are they
      talking about...when I do what the directions tell me I am working
      with the colored pair that has the two yards. I am confused. I
      thought the only worker pair is #1. I also thought that the worker
      pair (#1) was the one that works back and forth. I guess what I am
      trying to find out is when it says T worker....which worker are
      they talking about?
      I was twisting the #1 and am unsure if I was doing the right thing.
      The WS I am using is the one in the booklet CTC as mentioned on
      page 8 under the discription of Whole Stitch.
      Any help will be greatly appreciated.
      Thank You
      Lorie
      Anxious to do it right...anxious to go on.