RE: Re: [bobbinlace] Re: Newbie to this group

  • kizzydogblack
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013

      Joy in OZ  i have a question.........on your slide show i see a bobbin winder just like mine can you tell me how you use it.......i would love to know how to use mine do you use it for winding bobbin lace bobbins, tatting or is it for weaving bobbins?

      thanks

      becky

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, <bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

      Your very welcome, there are other bobbin makers overseas,

      Happy Lacing
      Joy

      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 16, 2013
        The  one I use and show in the photos on the Bobbin lace group,  is really a purn winder for my shuttles used with my weaving loom...for  using it to wind lace bobbins, I just clamp it to a table, I put a piece of calico doubled over the long metal piece...this is so that my bobbins don't get scratched... and using the  2 small Bulldog clips I secure the lace bobbin to the long metal piece then I start winding and guiding the cotton as I go...much quicker than doing it by hand.

        I do have a Sidewinder for winding my Aero bobbins, I always use my Aero shuttles for tatting, although I have many others

        If you need further information please send me another e-mail
        Hugs
        Joy