Re: [bobbinlace] RE: Seating

  • sueinchicago385
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 15, 2013
      I too have suffered with sciatica, and my physiotherapist said sitting down was really bad for it! She approved of my sit-kneel lacemaking chair when she saw that.

      I would thoroughly recommend Robin McKenzie’s book,  “Treat your own back” for exercises to help strengthen your back, which was where my physiotherapist got the exercises she gave me to do.

      Sue near Chicago, IL

      suebabbs385@...

      Sent: Saturday, September 14, 2013 9:09 AM
      Subject: [bobbinlace] RE: Seating

      I have sciatica and it is hard to find seating so my back does not hurt .I just tried a kneeling bench last week that one of my friends' has while lacing at her house. I liked it.

      Christina

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, <joy.mckenzie@...> wrote:

      Many thanks for your suggestion...will look into it
      Hugs
      Joy in OZ

      --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, "Lorelei Terry" <lhalley@...> wrote:

      > I have heard of some people using those kneeling benches. I don't know what to call it. You are half kneeling half sitting. Supposed to be ergonomic.
      > Another solution is a secretary's chair with an adjustable seat height, and an adjustable back rest.

    • Barb Spencer
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 15, 2013
        thanks for reminding me about the kneeling bench.  I have one, but wasn't using.  I think that it would be good to use a regular computer chair and alternate with the kneeling bench.  Barb S.  http://barbspencerdolls.com