question on Torchon please?

  • Charline
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 1, 2013
      instructions say: "...you put a pin in hole 2 and enclose it. then twist 1st pair , work a double with 1st & 2nd, take pin out of 2 and put it between 2nd and 3rd then enclose it with a double..." SO...do u "drop the #1 bobbin and make the enclosure with #s 2 and 3? thanks, really stumping me! Charline in Texas
    • Lorelei Terry
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 2, 2013
        Charline
        I posted a diagram in my album LORELEI'S BOBBIN LACE. Red is ctct, green is ct, purple is ctc.
        Closing the pin means to do the same stitch below the pin as you did above the pin.
        Hang 3 pairs on pin A, and 2 pairs on B, and 2 pairs on C.
        I did all those diagrams for you, but you are working a different pattern. In my book TORCHON BOBBIN LACE LESSONS, I explain in detail, with diagrams, sequential diagrams, exactly how to work the kind of lace in your pricking. You need the basic lessons, I think.
        Look here: http://lynxlace.com/mybookspatterns.html#torchonlessons
        Lorelei
      • karenhic
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 2, 2013
          --- In bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com, "Charline" <wisteria52003@...> wrote:

          > instructions say: "...you put a pin in hole 2 and enclose it. then twist 1st pair , work a double with 1st & 2nd, take pin out of 2 and put it between 2nd and 3rd then enclose it with a double..." SO...do u "drop the #1 bobbin and make the enclosure with #s 2 and 3? thanks, really stumping me! Charline in Texas

          I am assuming this is at an edge and is making the double line edge. If so, then, yes, cover with the 2nd and 3rd pairs.
        • Lorelei Terry
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 3, 2013
            Charline
            I just posted a revised diagram for the lace you are trying to make. I eliminated the gimp. For now I would recommend that you just get the threads moving in the right direction. Add the gimp in for your next lace. Too many totally new things at once is confusing.
            Lorelei
          • dk7900
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 6, 2013
              hi

              you have to think in pairs

              after putting the pin in the hole you close.
              then you twist the first pair and make a double stitch
              take out the pin and put it back between the double pair and close again

              have fun