Re: [bobbinlace] Re: sale

  • Frederica Brown
    Message 1 of 34 , Feb 15, 2013
      Thank you so much! I actually did take that class last year and I loved it. You're right the people are great! This year in the same timeslot I'm taking a weaving class so I had to give up on the bobbin lace. Plus although I love bobbin lace I have no practical use for it and I find it achingly slow so! I keep it as something I'll get back to at another time but thanks for the heads up.

      Fredi in Northern NJ

      On Feb 15, 2013, at 4:39 PM, "Susan Logothetis" <Susan@...> wrote:

      > Fredi,
      >
      > Did you know there is an ongoing bobbin lace class in Ridgefield,NY in the
      > Ridgefield Community School with classes starting the first week of March?
      > All levels attend but beginners get the most attention - they need it.
      > Very affordable and a really nice group.
      >
      > Susan in sunny Sugar Loaf, NY
      >
      > > The genius IMHO is lining up the daisy looking motif with the lace design
      > > near the hem and knowing they'd look good together. I only took a beginner
      > > Torchon class over a year ago and I love to see how people actually use
      > > the lace in real life. Your work is beautiful! Is this Visual intro a
      > > DVD?
      > >
      > > Fredi in Northern NJ
      > >
      > > On Feb 15, 2013, at 11:05 AM, "jsimonpurple" jsimonpurple@...>
      > > wrote:
      > >
      > >> Fredi, lol, it's not genius! It's straight from Visual Introduction to
      > >> Bucks Point! I do use a very fine thread. I have a hard time sitting at
      > >> a lace design without a clear purpose in mind. This particular hexagonal
      > >> mat was perfect for the collar! I have two pieces ready to use now, and
      > >> I'm working on Olney now. I'm going to put four corners together to make
      > >> a big collar.
      > >>
      > >> Simon

      > >> photos of a completed outfit. I got around $200 for the outfit.

      > Susan Logothetis

    • Lorelei Halley
      Message 34 of 34 , Feb 15, 2013
        Simon
        I have both the books you mentioned, and I also like Geraldine Stott for learning Bucks point. I look forward to pictures of your progress.
        Lorelei