Re: [bobbinlace] Heirloom Bobbin Lace Pillowss

  • katlace2009@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
      Oh what beautiful work!

      -----Original Message-----
      From: Ron <randm@...>
      To: bobbinlace <bobbinlace@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Mon, Dec 31, 2012 10:29 pm
      Subject: [bobbinlace] Heirloom Bobbin Lace Pillowss

      Hi Group,
      We are a manufacturer of high quality bobbin lace pillows and stands. Our daughter in law is the lace maker in the family and after seeing the pillows she purchased from other venders using Styrofoam and drywall screws in there construction. We decided to manufacturer a product worthy of the art of lace making.
      We manufacturer products that are worthy of being an Heirloom product that will last a lifetime. Our latest design is a pillow stand that can be assembled or dis-assembled in less than a minute. It is fully adjustable for height or angle and perfect size and weight to take with you to guild meetings or on vacation.
      We have a demonstration video on our website.
      http://www.bobbinlacepillows.com

    • Ron
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
        Thanks for your kind words

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
          I have an ethafoam cookie pillow and really like it. It's easy to pin, and yet, at the same time, it seems to hold the pins well. It doesn't seem to wear down too quickly, but I've used a wider surface on it, not all in the same place as I would do on a roller pillow.

          So I like the material and I really like some of these pillows. When I get some money, whenever THAT may be, I'll be getting one of your pillows. Thank you for self-promoting. I wish more people would speak up when they have a handmade product I might like to use for lacemaking.

          Simon

          Sent from my iPad, because I can't be bothered to use my desktop anymore.

          Thanks for your kind words

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 1, 2013
            Hi Simon,
            We are closing out our 9 block pillow so we have listed it on eBay with a starting price of $1.00. It might sell cheap.
            I have an ethafoam cookie pillow and really like it. It's easy to pin, and yet, at the same time, it seems to hold the pins well. It doesn't seem to wear down too quickly, but I've used a wider surface on it, not all in the same place as I would do on a roller pillow.

            So I like the material and I really like some of these pillows. When I get some money, whenever THAT may be, I'll be getting one of your pillows. Thank you for self-promoting. I wish more people would speak up when they have a handmade product I might like to use for lacemaking.

            Simon

            Sent from my iPad, because I can't be bothered to use my desktop anymore.

            Thanks for your kind words

            Message 5 of 13 , Feb 4, 2013
              Oh what beautiful work!

              I second, third and fourth Katlace's opinion above!

              I wanted to tell the group - my friend and I were very interested in the
              table stands as we'd been using boxes cut to hold our pillows at whatever
              angle we were comfortable with, but while expedient, they were frankly,
              UGLY! LOL Sometimes they weren't quite at the right angle either. After
              some discussion with Ron, we determined he hadn't made the stands
              "adjustable" as far as being able to adjust the angle at which the pillow
              was held. Sometimes we wanted a "flatter" surface, and other times we might
              want a more angled surface. I had also been craving a bolster pillow as I
              really enjoy making tape lace.

              Well, our table top stands and my bolster arrived last week, and after just
              a short time of use we are convinced these were just what we needed.
              (They're easily taken apart and moved if you make lace away from home too!)
              I've been playing with the bolster pillow too, and absolutely love it. I'm
              entirely impressed with the quality of these items. Built for years of lace
              making and if you can by chance find somebody to inherit these items they
              will last the next generation and probably quite a few more as well.

              I will also say that Ron was a treat to work with. I explained what we
              wanted to do, and between us we came up with a solution that I think is
              frankly, rather elegant. It's simple, and does the job, which is my
              definition of elegant. :) (What can I say - grandfather, father, brother,
              ex hubby and hubby are all engineers of various types. I can appreciate a
              simple solution as elegance.) And, when he discovered a stability issue in
              the "first generation" prototype prior to shipping, he told me why he was
              holding off, and more discussion resulted in what I think is really a neat
              solution, although really, the basic idea was all his.

              Also, on his bolster, he incorporates a "wheel and peg" system to keep your
              bolster from spinning around that is truly one of the BEST ideas I've seen
              in lace making tools.

              I would not hesitate to order from Ron again (and probably will!), and I
              *highly* recommend his products. You won't be disappointed. He might hate
              me for saying this too, but if you want something special for your
              situation, ask him. I don't get much time to interact here (my own
              business, our dogs, other hobbies, family, all the usual impediments to
              lacemaking fun), but I'm so very, very glad I caught his post and even
              happier with the items we got from him. Worth every penny invested,
              although honestly, I think his prices quite reasonable for the quality.

              Disclaimer: I have absolutely NO interest other than being an extremely
              satisfied customer. He doesn't even know I was going to write this! HA! LOL
              I just happen to think that if you're satisfied with something, you pass on
              the information. Definitely one of the better purchases I've made.

              Betsy

              Betsy & Kevin Cummings
              Tribute Salukis
            • Dianna Opiat
              Message 6 of 13 , Feb 5, 2013
                Hi. I am wondering if you could post more information on the table top stands for the bobbin lace pillows? I've been needing something of the sort.
                Dianna

                Message 7 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                  Hi. I am wondering if you could post more information on the table top
                  stands for the bobbin lace pillows? I've been needing something of the sort.

                  Ron has a photo of the set up on his website:
                  http://www.bobbinlacepillows.com/%5CUploads%5CIMGP2277.JPG (If this link
                  doesn't work, go here: http://www.bobbinlacepillows.com/Products.aspx and
                  scroll down to TTS and click on view to the right of the image. There are 2
                  TTS listings...check out the 2nd one.)

                  I'm not quite sure how to explain it, but I'll give it a shot.

                  The top is a circle big enough to hold cookie pillows up to (I think) 20".
                  There are 2 pegs on the bottom (I think of the pegs as the bottom of the
                  stand, and the other side as the top.) that keep your pillow in place.
                  Underneath is a wooden "bar" with slots. Those slots fit onto a dowel rod
                  in the base that will adjust the height. The closer you move the "base"
                  toward the pegs the higher the angle your pillow will sit. The further
                  away, the more "flat" your pillow will sit.

                  The base is 2 parts that come apart, which makes it easy to toss in a tote
                  or basket to transport. When you want to use it, it's a matter of seconds
                  to put the parts together, set the angle, put your pillow on it, and voila,
                  you are ready to work.

                  I have also discovered the bolster I got from Ron will work just fine on the
                  stand as well.

                  I LOVE the flexibility of this stand. I can arrange it on any table and
                  change the angle to fit any arrangement of chair and table so I can work
                  comfortably.

                  I hope this helps.

                  Betsy

                  Betsy & Kevin Cummings
                  Tribute Salukis
                • dltrettel
                  Message 8 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                    The video is so good you can really see what the pillow stand is like and it's size. Be sure to check it out.

                    Message 9 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                      The video is so good you can really see what the pillow stand is like and
                      it's size. Be sure to check it out.

                      Yes, but that's for the floor stand. I'm talking about the table stand.
                      That being said, some day I do want the floor stand. LOL

                      Betsy

                      Betsy & Kevin Cummings
                      Tribute Salukis
                    • dltrettel
                      Message 10 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                        It's on the web site.

                        Message 11 of 13 , Feb 6, 2013
                          It's on the web site.

                          I went to look but can't get anything to load under videos, but that's
                          probably just me. (I hate this computer. LOL) I wanted to see it! LOL

                          Betsy

                          Betsy & Kevin Cummings
                          Tribute Salukis
                        • dltrettel